ODBiC Discussion Board

initial setup

by Lonnie Cumberland, September 12, 2003 16:42

Hello All,

I am a new user to ODBiC and have just purchased it because it looks to be very useful for a project that I am building.

The problem is that I cannot seem to get things setup correctly so that I can test out the demos that came with my download ODBIC22R.

I am using MS IIS with a web root of "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\" and a database location of "C:\Inetpub\database\" whic all works with my ASP projects.

I was trying to run the TESTSESS.ODB example and I have even placed the directory needed "C:\Inetpub\database\tmpsessions"

The error that I cam getting is:

"ODBiC Error: User table insert failed: DATABASE ERROR: IM002 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified: Database connection failed. [Error in file testsess.odb line 13]

ODBiC Error: Unable to initialize user data [Error in file testsess.odb line 13]

ODBiC Error: User table update failed: DATABASE ERROR: IM002 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified: Database connection failed.

and my TESTSESS.ODB is setup like:

<% Note: To modify for your system, change /webroot to be your Web server's root directory, and change /test to be your template subdirectory. Create a /tmpsession subdirectory below that, or change /tmpsession to another directory, or remove the TMP= line to use the default temporary file directory.) %>

<% DATABASE "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\Inetpub\database\users.mdb;FIL=MS Access; UID=Admin;" SESSION counter = 0, TMP="C:\Inetpub\database\tmpsessions", LOGIN="$script_name$/test/login.odb?from=$script_name$/test/testsession.odb", TIMEOUT=15; USER user_name, user_email; SET counter=$counter$+1; %>

Also my "odbic.exe" is in a directory "C:\Inetpub\Scripts\" which works for my CGI directory.

any help in getting this example to work would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lonnie

Replies:

Post Your Reply:

Name   
E-mail  optional
Topic  
HTTP Link: 
Link text: 

Copyright ©1997-2003, Roger Harris. All rights reserved.