ODBiC Discussion Board

Can ODBiC work with Win 2003 server?, Gordon Hsu, 01-24-2004 , Gordon Hsu, 01-24-2004

by Dave Beller, January 25, 2004 18:14

Are you running IIS 6? I'm assuing so since it's Win 2003. Take a look at the below sites if have not already done so. By default, IIS 6 locks down any ASP, ASP.NET, frontpage extensions etc.. This might be your problem.

From http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/datacenter/gs_whatschanged.asp then clisk on "Active Server Pages (ASP)"

"By default, IIS serves only static content -- meaning features like ASP, ASP.NET, Server-Side Includes, WebDAV publishing, and FrontPageŽ Server Extensions do not work unless enabled. If you do not enable this functionality after installing IIS, IIS returns a 404 error."

"You can serve dynamic content and enable these features through the Web Service Extensions node in IIS Manager. Also, if an application extension is not mapped in IIS, IIS returns a 404 error. To map an extension, see Setting Application Mappings. For more information on how to troubleshoot 404 errors, including 404.2 and 404.3; issues related to a new installation of IIS 6.0; or an upgrade from a previous version of IIS, see Troubleshooting."

Links showing you how to enable those settings are there under "Security".

Sorry I can't offer any specific help. IIS 6 is something I have not worked with much. The new security features sound like they might be the cause of the your errors though.

Replies:

Post Your Reply:

Name   
E-mail  optional
Topic  
HTTP Link: 
Link text: 

Copyright ©1997-2003, Roger Harris. All rights reserved.