ODBiC Discussion Board

RE: PRompt for username/password, Snehal Desai, 12-14-2004

Sounds like either the DLL or the tmpl file is on a protected directory

by Roger Harris, December 20, 2004 05:38

The only thing I know of that will cause that problem is that the program and the scripts both need to be on directories that can be read by anonymous users. If you're using "script mapping" for the file name extension, the DLL does not need to be on a Web directory (you don't need to put it on cgi-bin), but the Web server will return an authentication request if the program is on a directory that doesn't allow reading by "Everyone." (This is in the Windows permissions window, which you can get to by right-clicking on the directory name.) ODBiC will return the authentication request if it gets a "permission denied" error when trying to open the script. (There is some possibility that there is some other reason why it would get the "permission denied" error, but the file system library doesn't return a code that specifically means the CGI user ID doesn't have permission.)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it works if you change the name extension to .asp -- are you saying that you can you map .asp to odbicis.dll and change the file to .asp, and it works as an ODBiC script? That seems odd, but perhaps there is already something in your configuration for .tmpl that's causing the problem. Sorry, I don't know what it might be, but if that's the case, you might try using a different extension (I wouldn't use .asp -- that could get confusing), such as .odb.

Replies:

Post Your Reply:

Name   
E-mail  optional
Topic  
HTTP Link: 
Link text: 

Copyright ©1997-2003, Roger Harris. All rights reserved.