ODBiC Discussion Board

Changes Between Versions 2.2 and 3.0

by Frank Wagoner, March 19, 2005 18:24

Roger,

I recently purchased a new ODBScript license to version 3.0 with ISAPI. I'm still using ODBIC (now ODBSCript) to manager our company's Intranet site and it has worked out very well for us. I tried learning PHP but found it to be much harder to code in and PHP's performance was slower (but of course that could be due to my lack of PHP knowledge in my coding). I am already in the process of bringing our web hosting in-house and designing a new layout for our web site entirely with ODBScript. The database will probably be MySQL, but I may just stick with Access.

Anyway, I was wondering if you have a site link that could explain the changes made in ODBScript between versions 2.2 and 3.0, or if not, could you provide them to me? This information will help me in justifying my purchase with our accounting staff -- although they won't have a problem either way.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful product that us novices can use to design with. So far, our Intranet site allows our staff to track meetings, trainings, events, timesheets, purchase orders, storage items, and a central rolodex -- all created with ODBScript -- and all this from a novice programmer at best. I have finally been able to put my HTML and SQL knowledge to good use.

Frank :)

Replies:

Post Your Reply:

Name   
E-mail  optional
Topic  
HTTP Link: 
Link text: 

Copyright ©1997-2003, Roger Harris. All rights reserved.