ODBiC Discussion Board

Premature End of Script Headers

by Chris Streeter, September 4, 2005 10:25

I'm running ODBscript 3.0 on a Windows 2000 server. I've run into pretty much the same problem under IIS and Apache. So, onto the problem. I have a page that is a pretty large form, and I have about 10 textarea fields. In these textareas, a lot of text can be entered, in some cases several thousand characters (6000+). When I go to submit the form when several of these textareas have a lot of data in them, which POSTS to a script page that inserts the data into a MS Access database, I get the error. I can also get the error when I submit with only one textarea that has a lot of data in it. Under IIS, the page seems to hang, and I end up with a CGI timeout error a couple minutes later. Under Apache, I get an error that occurs right away. There is a pop-up on the server's system that says:

ODBscript.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.  You need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

I've checked out the Apache error log and the error is as such:
[Sun Sep 04 10:01:51 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: ODBIC.EXE, referer:

However, despite the error that I get, the data will be saved to the database under both systems. My question is then, what does it mean to return "premature headers"? I'm not exactly sure how to run the program from the command line with such a large amount of character input to test it.

So any insight anyone might have is greatly appreciated.

Chris Streeter

Replies:

Post Your Reply:

Name   
E-mail  optional
Topic  
HTTP Link: 
Link text: 

Copyright ©1997-2003, Roger Harris. All rights reserved.